Title: Chief Advancement Officer, YMCA of Coastal Georgia
NAYDO: Ownership Committee, 2019 Program/Membership Network Council Liaison, 2019 Track Dean
Work: 912 354 5480
Years in Financial Development (YMCA and Other): 18
Years Affiliated with the Y: 10
Budget in Current Position: Over $1 Million
Financial Development Accomplishments:
- Leads a small shop Advancement operation providing strategies and guidance to a multi-branch annual campaign with intentional focus on year-round philanthropic activities.
- Provides leadership for Association Financial Development operations including database management, gift processing and acknowledgement, and Association wide stewardship efforts.
- Provides guidance and support both regionally and nationally to encourage shared learning, staff development and encourage meaningful volunteer involvement in the Annual Campaign.
- Experience with international Fundraising and multi-cultural approaches to philanthropy through previous work as the Director of Annual Giving at Franklin University Switzerland
- Lead a $1M phone-a-thon program at The Citadel Foundation in Charleston, SC.
- Current member of the Donor by Design Annual Campaign Cohort
- Supports multi-branch Capital development efforts from planning to completion including special projects, multi-year campaigns and Founder’s campaigns.
- Facilitated and led two Founder’s Campaigns to bring YMCAs to new communities without previous Y presence in Coastal Georgia.
- Oversees the revitalization of Association planned giving efforts and the recruitment, cultivation and stewardship of Heritage Club Members.
- Strategically guides the combined philanthropic activities of a local branch YMCA Foundation and the local branch’s efforts to grow the current endowment fund.
Board and Volunteer Development
- Actively serves on the Association Advancement Committee and facilitates and guides efforts to bolster the Y’s Culture of Philanthropy with Association and Branch Board Volunteers.
- Researches, identifies, writes and administers Association grant funding and support from private funders and United Way affiliates.
- Works to develop appropriate data collection strategies and appropriate metrics for successful grant delivery.