NAYDO 2014 Conference Financial Assistance application deadline: December 4, 2013
The application will be available when registration for the 2014 Conference Registration opens on September 16.
NAYDO, the North American YMCA Development Organization Council, is committed to enhancing the professional education of individuals in the area of philanthropy. To help worthy individuals develop their fundraising skills and abilities, NAYDO has established a financial assistance program to help in attending the annual NAYDO conference on YMCA Philanthropy. Over $60,000 has been awarded annually for the past few years.
Steps involved in applying for conference financial assistance:
1. Register for the conference and pay the financial assistance application fee. You are not obligated to attend if you do not receive assistance. NOTE: There are 2 methods of registration: If you register online you will need to pay the $25 by check; if you register using the print version of the form you can pay by check or credit card.
2. If you applying for HOTEL assistance, make your hotel reservation BEFORE you complete the online financial assistance application as it includes a place to provide your hotel reservation number, arrival and departure dates. If you are applying for registration or travel assistance you do not need to supply this information.
3. Complete the online financial assistance form.
Financial Assistance Guidelines
Financial Assistance will be for the 2014 NAYDO Conference on YMCA Philanthropy in San Antonio on April 9-12.
Financial Assistance is available to anyone and will be based on financial need.
Priority will be given to YMCAs who have the greatest needs and who:
- are NAYDO Members
- have not attended a NAYDO Conference before
- are first time applicants
- are not running current support campaigns, but are committed to do so within the next year
- bring both staff and volunteers to the conference
- have had a CEO change resulting in a new CEO starting within the 18 months prior to April 2014
- have applied for NAYDO Young Professionals Program or are Alumni of the program
Each person who receives financial assistance must write a brief letter describing what he/she gained from attending the conference and submit it by email by a specified date soon after the conference. Letters will be reviewed by the NAYDO Council at their June meeting.
Financial assistance recipients will authorize use of comments from their letters (see #4) in NAYDO promotional pieces including eblasts, web site, brochure, Developments and other applicable communications.
Financial Assistance will typically cover the conference registration fee and/or lodging at a specified conference hotel (which is automatically transferred so you pay nothing upfront). Any funds awarded other than registration and hotel assistance will be in the form of a check received on site at the conference.