Mary Kay Polston, CFRE
Director of Member Advancement, Alliance of New York State YMCAs
- Years total YMCA staff experience: 29
- Years in current Y position: 4
- Current Budget responsibility: $500,000
Financial Development Accomplishments
- Led multi-branch annual campaigns ranging from $300,000 to $2 million.
- Worked as part of the team that established a multi-year giving society (The Triangle Society) at the YMCA of Greater Rochester, which has become a blueprint for other YMCA giving societies.
- Served as part of Y-USA’s Regional Collaboration team from 2012-2015, which worked with Ys across the country to learn, share, and implement annual campaign best practices, resulting in a growth of $28 million in a four-year period.
- Supported case development and donor engagement for YMCA capital campaigns ranging from $2-$5 million.
- Served as a trainer for Y-USA’s Capital Planning and Development Training
- Works with Y boards throughout New York State to strengthen board governance and understand their critical role in philanthropy.
- Serves on the Board and as Fund Development Committee Chair for Mary’s Place Refugee Outreach, a grassroots organization serving refugee populations in some of the most challenged areas of Rochester, New York.
- Led YMCA marketing teams in Buffalo and Rochester, including comprehensive marketing planning, campaign case development, and new branch/facility opening campaigns.
- Received the 2022 NAYDO Communications Contest Award for Best Overall Campaign Excellence, in recognition of the Alliance of NYS YMCAs’ statewide giving campaigns to support COVID relief efforts.